Here at Two’s Company, we know that dating can be a minefield. Online dating can be hit and miss (we all know someone with an ‘interesting’ online dating story) and the thought of joining a dating agency is quite daunting. With anything in life, with a little risk there can be huge rewards!
Even after all that hard work of finding someone, the perfect date idea can often require some imagination. With first dates, the pressure is on to nail the right type of date and venue. No one likes shouting over the noise or being somewhere that’s so quiet you’re afraid that your thinking of what to say can be heard by all!
With that in mind, we compiled a list of date ideas in Cork. Whether it’s for a first date or you just want to try something new. With over 10 years match-making experience we are experts in knowing what works.
Something casual – coffee is always a great first date:
Not everyone wants a formal dinner and drinks type date, grabbing a coffee and having a chat is a great way to get to know each other.
– The Workshop Cork, Ballygarvan
– The Bookshelf Coffee House, Cork City
– Filter, Georges Quay, Ballintemple
For those foodies out there:
Trying a new restaurant and exploring new cultures and cuisines together can bring you closer and create some new connections between you both.
– Mahon Point Farmers Market, Mahon Point Shopping Centre
– Market Lane, Oliver Plunkett Street, Cork
– Cork Whiskey Walk, North Mall, Cork
– Ali’s Kitchen, Rory Gallagher Place, Cork
For those looking for something different:
Whether its to spice up the usual date nights or for those looking for someone to bring out their adventurous side, trying a new experience together can be challenging and fun.
– Escapade Cobh
– City Limits Comedy Club, Coburg St, Cork
– Cork Races
– Leahy’s Open Farm, Dungourney, Middleton
– Awesome Walls, Model Arena, Model Farm Road
These are some of our suggestions, if you have any tried and tested date ideas, comment below.